On April 12, 2005, Mariah Carey released what became known as her comeback album, The Emancipation of Mimi. Today, we celebrate it’s anniversary. As you know, here at The 97, we love us some Mariah so we won’t let an anniversary roll by! Over the years, we’ve went in-depth about a few of TEOM‘s best moments, so today we want to take the time to redirect your attention to those articles.
- A Cause for Celebration: 10 years since Mimi’s Emancipation!
- The Soul of Mariah Carey’s The Emancipation of Mimi
- It’s a special occasion: 10 years since Mimi’s emancipating “It’s Like That”!
- With “We Belong Together” Mariah Carey proved “there ain’t nobody better,” and had her Sweet 16th #1!
- “Don’t Forget About…” Mariah Carey’s 17th #1 single